Thursday 26 July 2018

Knock, knock!

Keith dropped me at work this morning because the car park was full on Monday and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get a parking space. However, things were back to normal so tomorrow I'll revert back to driving myself!

It was pleasantly busy today but very hot in the office. Temperatures today have been hovering around the 30c mark again and it's supposed to get hotter tomorrow!

Keith and Sophie came to collect me at 2pm and we drove to get Mike from work. He sped past us in a little golf buggy and looked like he was really enjoying his work. We waited for him and he emerged from a field covered in dust and looking very sweaty.

My car has been making a funny knocking noise so we dropped Mike off at home and went to see Rob the mechanic in Broughton. He wasn't there but his two men were and they put my car up onto the ramp so they could have a good look underneath. It was quite scary seeing my car from a totally different angle and I noticed some new scratches on the alloy wheels and on the back bumper...

One of the mechanics took my car for a quick test drive and then he put it up on the ramp again. They thought it might be one of the shock absorbers but said they looked fine. My car is due for its MOT at the end of August so they asked us to keep an eye on things and if it got worse to bring it back.

We drove back home and prayed for a good thunderstorm as the weather was so sultry and hot. It really did feel like we were in the Mediterranean! Mike went off to see his friends and I went and had a tepid bath as I really wanted to cool down a little bit. The sky cleared and we didn't get any rain so that was a disappointment. It would have been great to have had a shower!

There were only three of us for dinner of beef burgers with wedges. Unfortunately, the oven stopped working just as we were going to start everything so we had to cook the wedges in a frying pan after microwaving them for a little while. Luckily, we were going to grill the burgers anyway, but now Keith has to sort out the oven tomorrow!

No comments: