Thursday 19 July 2018

The first of the goodbyes...

It's been another cloudy and muggy day and we're hoping to get some rain tomorrow afternoon as thunderstorms are forecast. Let's wait and see!

This morning was busy at work and the computers went down briefly which made things a bit difficult! We normally get a lot of ladies booking the Aqua Aerobics class for next Friday so we just had to take their names and hope that we were able to book them on! Luckily, after about half an hour, things returned to normal!

After work I called into the Co-op to buy some sweets for the children. Sophie wasn't home as she'd been called into work, but she'd had a phone interview this morning with a company based in London. When I texted her she'd said the interview had gone well and they wanted to see her in London next Monday! The day before she graduates! She was very pleased!

It was a hot afternoon in the playground and most of the children had gone home by 5pm, leaving my favourite little girl behind. It was a bit poignant as it was her last day with us and when her grandmother came to pick her up she'd brought chocolates and a potted plant, as well as a card! It was lovely and we had lots of hugs before she left. She uses the holiday playscheme where I work so hopefully I will see her there over the summer holidays!

As soon as we were finished I sped home to have a drink and relax and we watched an episode of Sharp Objects. Before we went to bed, Sophie and I looked at hotels and booked one in Napa. I'm so looking forward to a trip around the wineries!

No comments: