Friday 5 January 2018

Two days...almost exactly the same!

It was really not pleasant getting up on Thursday morning to go to work. I drove myself and the weather was truly horrible - misty, rainy and dark even though the sun officially rises at just after 8am.

When I walked into the office Sara said that the phones had been really busy since Tuesday so I steeled myself for a hard few hours. We were busy, but not tremendously so, and the time did pass very quickly.

At 2pm I dashed off home and managed a quick cup of tea before going into school. I caught Sophie writing out the menu for the next few days as Keith had been grocery shopping today:


The after-school club wasn't that busy and for half an hour we took the children outside to play. The strong winds have died down now but it was still cold!

On Friday, I felt like I was having deja vu - up at 6.30am, off to work, another busy day, speeding home at 2pm to have a quick break before working at the after school club again. Sophie and Keith had taken down all of the Christmas decorations so the living room, study and conservatory looked really bare. I will certainly miss the lights in our tree outside! I think there should be a law introduced that makes people hang lights outside for the whole of January and February, two of the darkest months of the year!

We didn't have film night tonight because the projector still needs a new bulb and we only had five children attend anyway. It was great to finish at 5.30pm and go home to enjoy a drink with Sophie. Keith and Mike both went to the pub and we picked them up at 7.30pm. No photo today. First fail of the New Year! Oh dear!

No comments: