Saturday 27 January 2018

Catching up with old friends!

I was amazed this morning to see Mike walk through the door at 10am looking much brighter than I had expected! He'd obviously got a lift home and had been in Market Harborough all evening. Apart from a couple of dodgy stains on his tee-shirt, he looked remarkably well!

The weather today has been horrible with almost constant rain and cold temperatures. I caught up with a lot of jobs and at midday we took Mike to work. Afterwards I called into the Co-op as I needed to get Mike a Birthday cake and I also wanted to get some wine and chocolates for Sue as we're off to their house for dinner this evening.

Back home I put a colour on my hair and Keith went off to see Sileby play. It was lovely to have a hot shower and then curl up on the sofa and catch up with a couple of recorded programmes. Keith came home at 5pm and minutes later Mike called to say he had finished work. I was really pleased he'd gone in today with no trouble and when we picked him up he said he felt a little tired and was going to stay in tonight. Hooray!

At 7pm we walked across the road to Sue and Paul's house and enjoyed a glass of Prosecco with cassis before our meal. Sarah and Liam also came for dinner so we had a very pleasant night catching up with our news and having a good laugh. Sarah had very kindly bought Sue and I a gift for our 50th Birthdays which was a lovely touch and totally unexpected!

Sue made us chilli con carne which is what Keith had cooked for Sophie and Mike, so that was a funny coincidence! We also had a delicious raspberry trifle and cheese and biscuits accompanied by Port.

Keith and I arrived back home on the dot of midnight to find both children still up so after a quick chat it was off to bed. Lie in tomorrow!

No comments: