Thursday 25 January 2018

Return of the sun!

It was back to work for me today and I'm glad that Keith took me in as the car park was full. We had a pleasant session as none of the managers were in so they weren't hanging over us and listening to our every word, which has been a bit disconcerting!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and we drove over to Kettering to collect Mike who'd been for a hair-cut. It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine...am I a little premature in hoping for an early Spring this year? Mike was waiting for us in McDonald's so we picked him up and Keith took me home where I barely had five minutes before it was time to go to the school. Keith then took Mike to Brixworth! I think he finds Thursdays and Fridays a bit hard at the moment as Sophie is at uni all day and he has to do a lot of running about in between shopping and trying to keep on top of our laundry basket which always seems to be full!

The after-school club was OK, but Lisa seemed to be in a bad mood for some reason. All of the children were gone by 5.45pm so that was a bonus, and I rushed home as I thought we needed to go and get Mike only to find he'd gone into town and was getting a lift home. Phew! One less journey!

No comments: