Monday 8 January 2018

A bad choice for lunch!

It was back to work for me today, the first full Monday I've worked since the 3 December! We were busy on the phones and the time went quickly, which was a bonus.

I dashed home at 2pm and on the way I put £10 of petrol in Jim and bought myself some lunch at the garage. I didn't fancy a sandwich so I chose a "Chicken on a stick" and some savoury eggs. When I unwrapped the chicken it looked disgusting! It was covered in a red slime (a Chinese sauce, which I had failed to notice) but it tasted OK. I'm not sure I'll ever buy it again, though! Unfortunately the savoury eggs were mouldy so they went out into the garden for the birds! Not the best of choices!

Sophie was out having lunch with friends at Bella Italia (lucky thing) so I had a quick chat with Keith before going to school. We had eleven children and we stayed inside and entertained them until 6pm as it was too cold and horrible to go outside.

Dinner tonight was chicken soup with some added potatoes. My tummy still feels sore and tender and it was all I fancied!

No comments: