Tuesday 23 January 2018

A much needed haircut!

I took Sophie to work and Mike to college today and then went to get some diesel. As I hadn't eaten breakfast I bought myself a sandwich and a Costa Latte and pulled into a layby to enjoy them as I had a hair appointment at 11am and was very early.

The weather today has been typically bleak and grey - I really will be pleased when January is over! Sophie and I had decided to go to a new salon in Brixworth and I was really pleased with my cut. The ends of my hair badly needed chopping off - I think it's been about six months since we last had our hair cut which is much too long to leave it. The hairdresser cut off about three inches so it was quite a bit shorter, but much healthier. Sophie is going on Friday so it will be interesting to see how she gets on.

As soon as I was home Keith and I went out again to Tesco in Kettering. He also went to get his hair cut while I did some shopping. At least we didn't go to the Weston Favell Centre today! When we came out the sun had appeared and the clouds had parted, revealing blue skies, which was lovely. As it was also about 13c it really felt that Spring had arrived for a while!

Work in the afternoon was OK and we managed to get away well before 6pm which was a bonus. The hall was in a messy state and as we were late clearing away, most of the children had gone before we even made a start! I don't think Lisa was too pleased! I sped off to collect Sophie from work and arrived just as she was finishing. It was great to go home and sample Keith's corned beef and potato pie!


No comments: