Thursday 18 January 2018

Not a good day!

Today has not exactly been the best of days, to be honest! We had a lot of wind overnight - Keith said it was dreadful in the early hours but as usual I didn't hear a thing.

He took me into work and one of the roads we usually travel on was closed. We suspected it was a fallen tree but all we could see was a flashing blue light. We managed to turn around and thankfully I wasn't late to work.

Work was quite busy and at 2pm I was still answering a call. This is one of the downsides of the job as I need to get away as soon as I can to get home, have a bite to eat and a break before I start work again!

We had twelve children at after-school club and it was not the best of sessions. Although we managed to get out for a little while when they came back in they made a complete mess of the hall and the noise was unbelievable! Lisa didn't help as she kept shouting and yelling as well, and by the end of the session my ears were ringing! We had three new (to me anyway) children and one little girl was picked up on the dot of 6pm. Her mother was surprised to see her all alone so we said that normally the children are picked up at about 5.45pm. Even then, we still had eight children which was unheard of!

When we were locking up we saw a flash of lightning and heard a rumble of thunder. The previously good weather had given way to wind and rain again!

I felt really tired this evening and fell asleep on the sofa at 9pm, something I rarely do. I woke up at 9.30pm and went straight to bed!

No comments: