Saturday 6 January 2018

The lost day...

I have to confess to feeling lousy today - I'm so glad it's not next week: my Birthday weekend!

Sophie woke me up at 8.30am and I'd had a terrible night's sleep - gripey tummy pains and the return of the ache that laid me low last May. We took Sophie to work and came home to have some breakfast but I felt horrible so I spent the day doing very little. Keith took Mike to work and then went to see Sileby play in the afternoon. I had a long, hot bath as I just couldn't get warm.

When I went back downstairs I watched an old 1940s film starring Bette Davis called The Letter, which was very good. I recorded it as I fell asleep after the first ten minutes and slept for almost an hour!

Mike phoned at 5pm to say he was waiting to be picked up, so as soon as Keith returned we went to get him. However, we learnt that he had left work at 2pm and he was waiting for us at the library in Brixworth...a big argument ensued between him and me with him accusing me of not listening to what he had said on the phone!

No sooner had we got home than it was time to collect Sophie from work so off we went again. Maybe this time next week she'll be driving herself?! On the way home we stopped off at the Chinese takeaway in Brixworth to order our dinner. For the four of us the meal came to £32, about £7 more than the van. The food was OK... I chose a fried rice dish and pancake rolls and only ate half of the meal as I didn't want to risk upsetting my stomach again!

No photo today again...felt too yucky to take one and there was very little of note, anyway!

No comments: