Saturday 20 January 2018

Dismal Saturday!

When I looked at the weather forecast earlier in the week, it said today would be the best of the weekend with blue skies and sunshine. The forecaster even suggested that Saturday was the best day to do "outside" things so I planned on clearing out our garage and going to the tip.

The result? Rain all day and it was a dismal and horrible Saturday! The rain even turned a bit sleety at times so I changed my plans and gave the downstairs of the house a good clean. Tomorrow I will concentrate on upstairs.

We still had things hanging about from Christmas so I had a good clearout and the house looked so much better. I've been neglecting things a bit lately and the last couple of weekends haven't been the best time to clean so today was the day!

Sophie was at work, Mike went in at midday as well so Keith and I had the house to ourselves. We also made a Chicken Chasseur dish for the evening meal and I used a whole bottle of wine to make the gravy.

I went to pick Sophie up from work (she needs to get her driving glasses sorted as they make oncoming lights dazzle her) and when we got home it was heaven to sit and relax with a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio and some popcorn. I hadn't eaten much all day (poached eggs for breakfast and a few chocolates to keep me going) so I was really looking forward to dinner!

No comments: