Friday 26 January 2018

Phew! He made it to 18!

It' Mike's birthday today but we had to delay celebrating until we were all at home later in the day. Keith took me into work again and my session passed pleasantly enough, which was a relief!

Both Keith and Sophie picked me up at 2pm and we drove home in sunshine again. I have a feeling, though, that the weather is due to change over the weekend! My session at the after-school club was great, mainly due to the fact that Lisa was in a better mood and the children were very well-behaved (probably due to the dire warnings we both issued before we watched the film!). We took them all out into the playground for half an hour and then we watched Cars 3 which was very good - the setting of Florida also helped!

By 5.45pm all the children had gone and I sped home to have a quick freshen up and get changed as we were all off into Northampton to celebrate Mike's 18th. Keith had taken him to the pub for a quick pint and they arrived home as I was finishing getting ready. He opened his cards and presents and then we drove into town and parked in the small car park opposite the Princess Alexandra pub. It was heaving with early drinkers but we managed to grab a seat and we had a lovely time chatting and enjoying a drink with our son and daughter, both of whom are now fully-fledged adults!

We had a couple of drinks and then Mike went off to meet his mates while we drove home, collecting some fish and chips on the way. I felt really tired and headachey so it was bliss to have dinner and collapse on the sofa with my PJs and a couple of episodes of Modern Family. I tried not to think about what Mikey was up to in Northampton with his friends! Luckily, he was staying over at someone's house so I wouldn't be woken in the small hours by him coming home, a bit worse for wear!

No comments: