Wednesday 24 January 2018

The worries of having a teenage son!

We awoke to a wild and woolly morning as Storm Georgina made her presence felt across the UK! Northamptonshire was affected by strong winds and heavy rain and as it coincided with bin day (like it always seems to) we had rubbish flying about everywhere!

We also awoke to the fact that Mikey had not come home last night, which was a bit worrying. We tried to contact him but he didn't respond which is unlike him as normally he lets me know what he's doing. The one good thing was that his phone was still ringing so I guessed he was at a friend's house otherwise his phone would have lost battery. By midday we were getting really worried (and had cancelled mine and Sophie's eye tests) and we were at the point of wondering whether to contact the police, when he answered his phone to a hugely relieved Sophie. He had been at a friend's house and said that his phone wasn't working but we all took that information with a pinch of salt. I was really angry that he hadn't told us where he was, and when he sheepishly turned up an hour later I told him exactly how we'd all been feeling.

I was also annoyed that my day off (well, up until 2.45pm anyway) had been wasted with worrying about my son who had been perfectly safe and well. Sophie and I have had to re-arrange our eye tests for next week and some other jobs that needed doing didn't get done! Boys! My only revenge will be if he has children of his own and they put him through the same worries!

No comments: