Monday 15 January 2018

Birthday celebrations!

In hindsight, I really should have taken today as holiday but I figured that I would still be at school so I may as well go in. I left earlier than usual (leaving the rest of my family in bed...so depressing) and called into a shop on my way to work to buy some biscuits to share with the others in the office. I also treated myself to a Birthday Latte and a pastry!

My session at work was not a very pleasant one...we had an angry phone call first thing and this dragged on during the morning with Sara having to call the customer back just before I left with him ranting and raving. He'd already been rude to me and a woman who handles all the direct debits! I also took some calls that were difficult to understand and then, right before I had to dash off, one of the other women was given the task of teaching me about orders! I really feared I would be late!

To make things even worse I nearly had an accident in Sophie's car on the way home which really shook me up! I was going down a short slip road onto the busy dual carriageway but because of a car pootling along and not either slowing down or speeding up to let me in, I found myself at the end of the slip road with nowhere to go. Just as I saw a space to merge into the traffic, an idiot in a huge car nearly hit me. I don't know whether he hadn't seen me or what, but how he avoided hitting the back of the car I'll never know.

I bought some sweets for the children on the way home, had a very hasty lunch and then went off to the after-school club. The children had all signed a card and gave me some chocolates so that certainly cheered me up! We were there until almost 6pm and then I sped home to open my cards and presents. While I was at work, a big box had been delivered and it contained a rose plant, Champagne and chocolates from Fiona, Andrea and Lynda. I also received another bottle of Champagne from Sue, a Mary Berry cookery book from Keith, a furry hot water bottle from Sophie and a bottle of wine from Mike, so I did extremely well! I had some beautiful cards and felt very lucky.

After a lovely soak in the bath we all made our way to India 2 Mawsley for our celebration meal. Sophie drove us so I was able to have a large glass of wine while we looked at the menu and waited for my Mum and Dad to arrive.

When they turned up I had more cards and a £50 M&S voucher. I also received a beautiful necklace from my Mum - a little gem encrusted cross set in a silver heart. I was really touched.

We had a fabulous meal with poppadoms, starters and a selection of curries and rice served with naan breads. I took half of my Chicken Balti curry home as I couldn't finish it! It was a great end to a somewhat mixed day!

No comments: