Sunday 7 January 2018

Sunny skies

This morning I felt a little better and after a lazy start to the day Sophie, Keith and I went to see Mum and Dad and had a coffee.

The weather has been lovely with lots of sunshine and clear blue skies but it has been cold and there's been a very chilly wind blowing.


The Silver Birch outside the conservatory window. We do sometimes get blue skies in the winter!
Once we got back from seeing Mum and Dad we took Mike to work and then it was home to have lunch (leftover Chinese take-away) and sit in the conservatory and relax. The birds have been out in abundance today and we have been seeing lots of sparrows, blackbirds, starlings, Blue Tits, our robin and some new visitors - a flock of  Long-tailed Tits who arrive in a group and hang from the feeders. Sophie thinks we have an injured sparrow in the garden but I haven't seen him. We named him Spud and I've been looking out for him all day. We haven't seen Cheryl for ages, either.

I'm taking part in the Big Garden Watch in a few weeks time so I'm hoping to get lots of birds in the garden then!



No comments: