Tuesday 16 January 2018

Out again!

It was great to be able to have a sort-of lie in this morning although I was still awake at 7am. Mike went to college at 10.30am so we dropped him off and went down to Riverside as one of the headlights on my car wasn't working. A man from Halfords fixed it for me and after popping into Boots we drove to the Weston Favell Centre to go to Tesco and Wilco's as I needed bird food.

It's very cold at the moment with a bitter wind blowing and they are warning about possible snow flurries towards the end of the week. I had run out of fat snax completely as the birds are very hungry at the moment!

After shopping we went home and after some lunch (leftover curry) Sophie and I took ET to get some petrol. This was the first time my daughter had put petrol in the car so I helped her out and we also put it through the carwash to get rid of all the salt.

The after-school club was great in the afternoon as we sat with two of the older children and had a great chat. We were going to go out but the children weren't keen so we sat in the warm instead and played cards.

At 6pm I left to go home and had a quick wash and change as Sophie and I were out in the evening again! Sophie drove into town and we had dinner at Foodies Rocks, opposite Derngate. We ordered a variety of delicious dishes including the Double Fried Chicken and the Pork Gyoza. I enjoyed a glass of wine and by the end of the meal we were stuffed! The place was empty when we arrived but it was filling up when we left and it was very cosy in there with dimmed lighting, which was lovely. Outside it was very cold indeed!

We'd booked to see a film at the Errol Flynn - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - but we were a little early so we had a drink in John Franklin's first. I had another glass of wine while Sophie sipped a fruity non-alcoholic concoction.

The film was very good and directed by the same man who did In Bruges. There was a lot of bad language but we both enjoyed it even though there were some very sad (and shocking) moments.

We emerged from the cinema into the bitterly cold night at almost 11pm so it was a very late night for us both!

No comments: