Friday 14 April 2017

A lazy end to the week.

I love Easter because I get four days off, I can eat chocolate eggs and normally the weather is fairly decent!

I did some ironing this morning and Sarah popped around to see me after I'd done the gardening for her. Liam was also with her but he was busy fixing things at the house and had asked to borrow a hacksaw. I do miss having them as neighbours and I wonder who will be next to rent their house?

I spent most of the rest of today doing very little and didn't feel guilty at all! Mike went into town to meet some friends at midday and Sophie and I took him before coming back to have some lunch. The weather has been a bit disappointing today - lots of cloud and grey skies accompanied by a chilly little wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be the best day of the whole Easter weekend.

Keith went to the pub in the evening and Sophie and I caught up with Masterchef that we'd recorded last night. We love seeing the new people arrive and commenting on their cooking! I would never dream of putting myself through the ordeal they go through on the show and think they're very brave!

Dinner tonight was fish and chips as it's Good Friday and the place in Broughton wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. Some traditions are hard to shake off!

No comments: