Sunday 9 April 2017

Sunny Sunday

Keith and Sophie went for a long walk this morning but I opted to stay at home, do the ironing, peel the veg for dinner and make a start on the front garden.

It's been another glorious day with warm temperatures and lots of sunshine. I was weeding the garden when Keith and Sophie came back and had managed to dig up the flowering plant (Hellebore) that Sue had given me. I put it into a wheelbarrow and gave it a good water before leaving it in our sheltered gravel garden.

Working on the front garden is certainly a sociable experience and a lot of people were out and about enjoying the sunshine! Mike called to ask me to pick him up so Sophie and I drove to Brixworth and picked him up. He said he wanted to have a hot shower and then go into town this afternoon!

After getting back home I washed my car and by now it felt really very warm. I keep forgetting it's only April! Sophie and I were due to go out with Mum at 2pm so I had a shower and we left to pick her up. The temperature was showing 25c...phew! When we arrived at Mum's house she showed me the new kitchen worktops she'd had fitted as well as her new sink. It all looked very smart and made the kitchen look new and much brighter! The old worktops were horrible and she had hated them right from day one, she said, so she was very pleased with the new light wood and the cream tiles.

We went to farndon Fields but I took a very convoluted way to get there! We had a lovely cup of tea and a slice of Victoria Sponge cake while Sophie tucked into a sandwich with potato wedges. Afterwards we had a look at the plants and saw these:




I mean...why? Who buys these things? And who makes them to sell?

We resisted the urge to buy the lovely food and drove home in the gorgeous sunshine. When we arrived back I could smell the waft of barbecues in the air!

We had decided to have roast leg of lamb for dinner, but although the temperatures had been high during the day, they soon dropped in the evening so it wasn't too much of a bad idea!

No comments: