Monday 17 April 2017

Almost finished!

It's typical that this weekend, a Bank Holiday, has been cool and cloudy yet last week it was glorious with temperatures of 25c!

I certainly picked the best days to paint and today has been overcast and chilly with showers of rain all day. Keith and Sophie went for a walk again and I made a start on the painting on the landing. When Sophie returned she worked in her bedroom to keep me company and put on the Florida playlist for me as entertainment.

I worked steadily until about 2pm and managed to do all the paintwork and doors except Mike's. I will do his door when he's out for the day! Again, I was really pleased with the result especially as there were quite a few scuff marks on the door frames and our bedroom door looked very yellow once I'd started painting it brilliant white. It all looked so much cleaner and fresher. Now I just need to get some pictures onto the walls and a new lampshade. We're also planning on getting a new hand rail and putting up family pictures as you go up the stairs. One day it will all be finished!

Keith went to see Sileby play and came home a bit despondent as they had lost and had even scored two own goals which was disappointing. The football season will soon be over until August so no more peaceful Saturday afternoons for a while!

Keith and I dashed off to get some diesel in the afternoon and I was surprised at how chilly it was! Brrr! We are still putting the heating on for a little while in the evening and frost has been forecast for the chilly mornings. Spring is still being a bit temperamental!

No comments: