Friday 7 April 2017

Catching up!

It was great to have a free day today as I had a lot of catching up to do! I had to post some letters, pop to the post office and try and get a new monitor for my computer as my current one refuses to turn on in the morning! We'd swapped Keith's monitor for mine and it worked then, so I was really relieved it wasn't the computer itself.

We all went out mid-morning as Mike wanted to go to Brixworth so we dropped him off there and headed to the Weston Favell Centre. Tesco didn't have any computer monitors so we drove down to Riverside to Currys PC World...Keith asked if Dixons were still in business...er no!

I'd already looked online for a monitor but of course the one I wanted wasn't in stock! We left and went to the branch at St James retail park but they didn't have any either, although they did have a Dell monitor in stock for £140 which was more than we wanted to pay. I decided to head home and look online again and by now we were all ready for some lunch!

The cloudy skies turned blue in the afternoon and after lunch I found a monitor on Amazon for a more reasonable price and it included in-built speakers so I was pleased I hadn't ordered anything while we were out. It seems incredible that these huge stores have no stock of anything these days!

I spent the afternoon doing some study for the Citizens Advice (something I'd been putting off for a while!) and then I hoovered upstairs and Sophie and I sorted out our clothes for the holiday. I was ruthless and had a cull of garments that were way past their best and watched as Sophie tried on all her beautiful summer dresses. Our holiday is getting very close now and we're starting to get a bit excited!

No comments: