Tuesday 11 April 2017

A little scratch...

This morning I met Sue at the house at Arthingworth but I was a little early, prompting some suspicious looks from the man who lived in the house at the start of their drive! We started work on weeding the garden and stayed at the house until 11.30am. We were accompanied by the little black cat and when I went to throw some branches onto the bonfire heap, the chickens all came rushing towards me thinking I had some food for them!

I then went to their house in Brixworth and swept the driveway, path and one of the rear patios before going home and having a hot shower. It had been a hard morning's work! The weather today has been a bit overcast but the sun did appear in the afternoon and it did make me wonder how I would be if it got really hot. I do not work well in the heat!

We picked Sophie up from uni and I popped down to Halfords on Riverside as I had, unfortunately, scratched my car as I'd swung it into the drive... Keith said that we could buy some wet and dry sandpaper and some paint to repair it. I was very annoyed with myself. When confronted with all the paints and shades available, we decided to go home and research the exact colour I needed properly!

No comments: