Tuesday 18 April 2017

To the rescue!

It's been a beautiful day today with lots of sunshine and blue skies. Keith and I had some things to sort out this morning so I didn't garden with Sue. After we'd done what we had to do, we popped over to the Weston Favell Centre and Sophie treated me to a Flat White and a crispy chocolate cornflake cake in Costa. We popped into Tesco and Wilco's as Sophie needed to buy a birthday present for a friend.

Back home it was time for lunch and all four of us sat down in the conservatory to enjoy some sandwiches. I can't remember the last time that happened! After lunch I asked Keith to re-hang my pictures in the hallway and I started to do some housework. Sue was due around for a cup of tea later in the afternoon but then she called me to say that her car had eaten her keys and could I go and rescue her from the house in Arthingworth?

Sophie and I went out and reunited her with her spare keys. It was such a glorious day today and the countryside was looking its beautiful best. I do love this time of year!

Back home Sue came around for tea and cake and we had a chat. After she'd gone I finished hoovering and we popped to the Co-op in Brixworth to buy some beer and Cava so we could sit and enjoy a game of cards in the evening!

No comments: