Sunday 16 April 2017

Finally...I make a start!

Dad called me last night to ask me to help him out with an online order, but I was determined to make an early start on the painting so I put him off. However, this morning, feeling a bit guilty I phoned to say that when Keith and Sophie returned from their walk we would pop over, pick up the Sunday papers and call in.

I did make a start, though, by hoovering the hallway and washing all the paintwork and putting down some masking tape to protect the carpet, as I am the world's messiest painter! I'd already painted two sections of skirting board by the time my husband and daughter returned from their walk and we went to see Mum and Dad straight away.

My Dad wanted to order some batteries for his model aeroplanes online but was having great difficulty so I resorted to having a chat with one of their customer service staff. The problem was that Dad's old address was still on his account so once that was changed everything worked perfectly and Dad was delighted that he was able to place his order.

Back home I resumed painting and did all the doors, frames and skirting boards. I did make a mess, as usual, but I was really pleased with how it all looked when I finished! Hooray! Just upstairs to do now!




No comments: