Tuesday 4 April 2017

Pre-Birthday celebrations!

I had to make a mercy dash to Sue's husband's work this morning to deliver his work and personal mobiles and then I drove to Brixworth to meet Sue who had started work on the garden of a beautiful house we're looking after. I swept the drive and weeded the path while Sue weeded the border and then we moved to the back of the house to do more weeding in the extensive gardens.

We were there for three hours and it was bliss to get home, drink a very large mug of tea and see my friend Lynda who had popped around to give Sophie her birthday present. We had a chat and after she'd left Sophie and I ran Mike into town and stopped at McDonald's for a treat on the way home. I think after my hard work of this morning that I deserved it!

When we arrived back Keith asked if we'd bought today's paper and of course, I'd forgotten! We went out again and by the time we eventually returned home I was more than ready for a hot soak in the bath and a change of clothes!

Keith suggested we go to the pub for a quick drink in the evening but it had to be quick as my parents were due around at 7.30pm for Sophie's celebration Birthday dinner! We went to the pub in Old and had a couple of drinks sitting at the bar (our favourite place was already taken) and chatted to some regulars. Mike contacted us and we told him we were at the pub so he took the bus and joined us for the last fifteen minutes.

Back home it was a mad rush to get the table set and do last minute tidying before Mum and Dad arrived. I felt shattered and it was great to finally sit down and eat our meal of cottage pie with veggies followed by Sophie's ice-cream cake!



No comments: