Saturday 29 April 2017

Out for dinner.

After dropping Sophie off at work this morning Keith and I went to the Weston Favell Centre and bought the ingredients for the paella we're going to have tomorrow. We have decided to just use chicken as I don't think adding mussels and prawns to the dish will go down well with the children!

Back home I had breakfast of Danish pastries and coffee while Keith cooked some bacon that smelled like it was definitely past its best! I had to open all the windows and doors to get rid of the horrible odour!

Mike went to work at midday and I returned home to paint the door leading into the hallway and Mikey's door which I hadn't done when I'd glossed the rest of the paintwork the other week. The football season is over now so Keith won't be going to any more Sileby games until we return from our holiday in late August. I had rather got used to being in control of the television on a Saturday afternoon!

We picked Mike up at 6pm and headed into town to collect Sophie. Mike had received a share of the tips so he was very pleased, and so were we! We picked up Sophie, took Mike into town where he was meeting friends and headed home to get ready as we had been invited around to Mum and Dad's for a meal this evening.

Dad had prepared a Chinese meal and the food was lovely. We started with garlicky prawns and spring rolls accompanied by prawn crackers. The first dish was washed down with Prosecco and then we moved onto a Merlot with the main course of sweet and sour chicken, pulled pork in a delicious sauce and beef served with celery.

We had a good chat and enjoyed the evening very much. We didn't leave too late and it was bliss to get home and snuggle down in bed with my Kindle!


No comments: