Saturday 15 April 2017

Getting (some) things done!

Today has been another quiet, uneventful Saturday and I decided to put off the painting until tomorrow as by the time we'd dropped Sophie off at work and popped to the post office, it was past 10am. That was my excuse anyway!

After breakfast I prepared Coq au Vin for dinner and made a batch of chocolate, walnut and banana muffins. Minutes after I'd taken them out, Mum and Dad came around for a cup of tea and we had a good chat.

After they'd gone, Keith went to a football match and I decided to tackle some of Mike's old toys that we're planning on selling at the garage sale next month. I washed them and sorted them into different groups, i.e. dinosaurs, old cars, animals and soldiers. There were so many of them and some of them were covered in a red gloop which was a bit nasty! I have no idea what it was but it looked like something out of a sci-fi film!

I managed to get through two big boxes and then had a nap on the sofa until Keith returned. Together we went to pick up both Mike (who had been out at a party last night and had spent the day with mates) and Sophie.

My Coq au Vin was very good and after we'd eaten we watched the first episode of the first series of True Detective again as there was nothing else to watch on television!

No comments: