Saturday 1 April 2017

An unexpected slog!

After dropping Sophie off at work this morning, we walked up with Mike to the neighbour's garden that he was working on. He didn't want us to stick around so we left him to it and returned home for coffee and breakfast.

After about an hour we went back to check on him and I realised straight away that he was never going to finish within the next hour. Sue wanted Keith and Mike to lop three big branches off a tree in the garden so the boys did that and then Keith and I had no choice but to help Mike start cutting up all the branches so we could get them into the skip bags. It was hard work! Keith and I cut the branches up into manageable lengths and I also raked up all the twigs and leaves on the ground so we would leave it tidy after we'd finished. I estimated that between us we did around five hours.

Sue was obviously aware of this and Elizabeth, who owns the house, came out to say she would pop around later with some more money for Mike, which was very decent of her. We finished up and thankfully left three huge skip bags for the owners to take to the tip!

Keith and Mike went out in the afternoon and I pottered about enjoying the sunshine and blue skies. I had planned on doing my own garden but after the morning's efforts I think I'll leave that until tomorrow!

No comments: