Friday 22 January 2016

Walking the cats...and the robin, too!

We've had a very quiet day today as Sophie stayed at home to pack for her trip and I spent the morning putting a colour on my hair.

In the afternoon Sophie checked her emails and it was a good thing she did as she discovered that her flight to New York tomorrow has been cancelled due to the snow storm. She was understandably upset as she had spent most of the day getting ready but she will now leave on Sunday instead. It means we have to get her to the university at 4am!

The grey and overcast weather turned into blue skies and sunshine in the afternoon so at about 4pm I suggested we go and have a little walk around the estate with the cats. I had to post a letter so we walked out of the estate to the field-gate and stopped to admire the beautiful sky. The cats were having a great time, as usual, and I noticed a little robin hopping about in the branches, almost as if he'd come on the walk with us! He was there last week as well!

Archie exploring


We walked around the estate with the cats who happily sniffed at everything and then as it was getting chilly we returned home. Mike was at Heather's house this afternoon so Sophie and I drove over to collect him, calling in to see my parents on the way home. As Sophie was supposed to be going to New York tomorrow we cooked fajitas tonight for dinner and I've never known my two children to be so excited over a meal!

No comments: