Saturday 16 January 2016

New carpet!

The carpet fitter called us this morning to ask whether he could come earlier than planned, which was fine with us. Luckily we had removed all the furniture and had started on taking up the old carpet so we were all ready when he arrived at 10am. I had just arrived back from taking Sophie to work and I'd called in to have a chat with Maureen.

I'd disconnected the internet before I left and we couldn't get it working again which annoyed Mike very much as he couldn't get in touch with Heather! Whatever happened to good old-fashioned phone calls!?

The carpet fitter had it all finished within an hour and when I got back from taking Mike to Moulton Keith had moved all the furniture back into the room. We set about making a late breakfast and I then I spent a good two hours tidying up and de-cluttering the conservatory which had been filled with all the stuff from the living room. By the time Keith went off to his football match the downstairs of the house was looking a lot tidier!





After dinner in the evening we watched a very long drawn out film, Catch Me If You Can, and then it started to snow! It was such a lovely feeling watching the snow fall and knowing that it wouldn't affect me any more because of work. Normally I'd be fretting about whether it would affect the business and wondering if the staff would turn up for work! I hoped we'd get a decent amount and that it would continue all night!

No comments: