Tuesday 12 January 2016

A touch of gloss...

I hate gloss painting as I get it everywhere...in my hair, all over my hands, over everything else, but I couldn't put it off any longer so I made myself get started with it this morning.

I managed to paint all the skirting boards and one half of the doors so I felt I'd done well. It was lovely to see all the scuffs and marks disappear under the gloss paint but the downside was the smell! It'll be like it for days!

Sophie didn't go into uni until lunchtime today and Keith took her in while I finished painting and cleared everything away. I felt it was too much of a risk to paint both sides of the doors (plus I'd had enough by the early afternoon!) so I decided to paint the remaining sides tomorrow.

After uni, Sophie had an appointment to get her nails done so we picked her up at 3pm and drove to the bank to arrange an appointment to have her savings account there sorted out. I still have control of it which is silly as she's now nearly 20 and needs to be able to move money into her current account whenever she wants to.

From there we dropped her off at the salon and Keith and I went to Morrison's to get some diesel. I was planning on getting my car washed as it's so filthy but it had started to pour with rain so we decided against it and went into the supermarket to check out the beers and wines. I spotted an interesting bottle which was Fortified British wine and cost just over a fiver so I bought it to try. It was recommended to be drunk with ice so I thought Sophie and I could try a drop when we got home.

She was ready earlier than I'd anticipated and we battled our way through the heavy traffic home. Driving is certainly not fun at the moment and as most of the street lights have been turned off in the town it's so dark everywhere!

It was bliss to get home and relax in our new living room with a drop of the new wine I'd bought...


Furry love

Neither of us were keen on the drink at all but at least it wasn't expensive!

In the evening, after dropping Mike off at Army Cadets, we treated ourselves to an outing to The Lamplighter. It's been ages since we went there for a drink and we all felt as if we deserved a little time off! It was a very chilly evening and I hoped they have the coal fires burning but they didn't. However, the pub was warm and welcoming and we had a great evening with maybe a bit too much over-indulgence on the food front! We shared two plates of garlic bread to start followed by a burger for Sophie, fish and chips for Keith and chilli for me. Sophie and I even found room to share a chocolate brownie for dessert so we literally waddled out at the end of the evening to go and collect Mike!

No comments: