Thursday 7 January 2016

Getting colder

Keith was at the hospital this morning doing his research thingy so Sophie and I cleaned the upstairs of the house before he arrived home. After I finished I showered quickly and Keith and I drove over to Kettering to do our shopping. We're back in the old routine!

The weather the morning has been abysmal and as we were driving home the heavens opened and the wind really got up. We scuttled home, put all the shopping away and had lunch before going to pick up my Mum as we were off to Next at Riverside.

On the way to my Mum's house the skies cleared and the sun came out. However the temperature has dropped a lot today and the mild weather looks set to be a thing of the past. Before we went to Next to we called into the Weston Favell Centre and I bought a pot of white emulsion in Wilco's. It goes on pink so that'll make it easier to see where we've painted the ceiling. I'm dreading it!

Next was full of gorgeous things and Sophie and I spotted this which made us laugh...

Very apt!

We had a good look at the furniture and the colour schemes as Sophie still thinks I've chosen the wrong combination of colours for the walls. Mum showed us the furniture she's ordered for the new house and the swatches of material for the sofa. She hasn't chosen yet as I think they need to be moved in first before they make a decision.

Upstairs in the men's section we looked at bags as Mike wanted to swap the tee-shirt my Mum had given him for Christmas for a new school bag. Sophie took a photo of the ones on offer and sent it to his Facebook page for him to look at when he got home from school.

In the meantime we sat and enjoyed a cup of tea and a cake which was lovely. They have some really delicious cakes on offer in Costa and I tried a Malteser cake which went down very well with my tea.

As soon as Mike arrived home from school he sent a message telling Sophie which one he liked. We duly went off to get it and exchanged the tee-shirt. As we were walking out we spotted some aftershaves so we had a go at trying them on...one of them, The Collection, I think it was called, smelt delicious - so fresh and clean. Would it be strange for a woman to wear Men's aftershave?!!

We dropped Mum off  and then drove home through the dusk. As the skies were clear we were treated to a lovely sunset and we had a quick walk to the postbox to send a card out for my Mum. Monty started coming with us until he saw a neighbour's dogs so he backed off, even though in the past he's taken on dogs and won!

Sophie was off out in the evening with her friends Daisy and Laura so Keith and I dropped her off in town and went home to finish off the dinner of cottage pie, something we can only have when Sophie is not eating with us! It was a late pick-up and we took Daisy home but all the girls had had a great time and are now planning a trip to Rome in the Spring!




No comments: