Sunday 3 January 2016

Saying goodbye to Christmas

Today has been an absolutely horrible day, weather-wise, and a really depressing background to taking the Christmas decorations down.

Sophie was at work at 9am as she had to help with the cleaning. She texted me to say that she hoovered and don't know how I did it for so long when we ran the place! Yes, it was hard work! Keith and I took both trees down this morning and I stored all the beautiful decorations safely in some gorgeous gift boxes that I have. It didn't take us long and felt like we'd only just put them up!

I hoovered all the downstairs and spent the afternoon doing very little. At about 3pm the sky went dark and the heavens opened to torrential rain. At this rate I think we'd better start planning an Ark!

After picking Sophie up it was lovely to get home and relax with a drink while Keith cooked dinner. We were in for a night's entertainment on TV as we wanted to see four programmes, all of them showing between 6pm and 10pm. Typical! There's nothing on that's any good and then four good programmes come along on the one night!

No comments: