Monday 11 January 2016

It's curtains...

First thing this morning Keith took down the masking tape we'd put up to protect the white coving from the grey emulsion but we received a bit of a shock when it pulled off quite a bit of paint as well. I was annoyed as the tape was supposed to be "low tack" and it meant I had to go around and re-paint the coving where the paint had come away.

We took the kids to school and university first and then we returned home to repair the damage. I painted very carefully around the tops of the walls and was very pleased with the neat result. A lot better than previous attempts!

After that had been done we drove over to the Weston Favell Centre and bought a new curtain pole in Wilco's along with some sugar soap to clean the fireplace. Back home Keith put the curtain pole up and we hung the curtains that I'd bought back in June!

At first I wasn't going to use them but they went beautifully with the grey on the walls. Sophie still isn't sure about them but Keith and I love them to bits and it now means we can draw them at night and have a bit of privacy. I don't think our large footstool goes with them so I may have to move that out into the conservatory where we have black sofas.



We're now back into the routine of picking Sophie up from uni so I collected her at 4pm while Keith took Mike to have his hair cut in Kettering. When we got back (after a horrible journey in the rain) Mum and Dad were waiting for us and loved the new look of our living room. Mike said it looks "modern" and he's absolutely right. It's a much more modern look than we had before and quite different for us!

I made Mum and Dad a cup of tea and then they headed home in the gloom. Although the nights are getting lighter (bit by tiny bit) this evening was gloomy and wet and prematurely dark!

No comments: