Tuesday 26 January 2016

More Birthday celebrations!

Today has been spent making Mike a Birthday cake, the first time I've ever made one! I took a recipe from the BBC Good Food site and made him an easy chocolate cake, topped with cocoa frosting and filled with cream and jam.

As well as doing that I also changed his bedding, and ours, and tidied the house as Mum and Dad were coming over for a meal this evening. It's been a wet and windy day today but very mild again for this time of the year.

I was very happy when I finished making the cake...



Mike wanted gammon for dinner so we cooked that as well as home-made potato wedges to accompany the meat. Mum and Dad arrived at 7pm and I opened a bottle of Prosecco to toast Mike's 16th Birthday.

The meal was delicious and the gammon very succulent and tender. My parents thought it was lovely and it was a bit of a change from what we normally serve when they come around for a meal. After dinner we enjoyed the Birthday cake and Mike blew out his candles. It was a shame Sophie was in New York but I sent her the video so she could see what we got up to!


No comments: