Saturday 9 January 2016

Decorating!

This morning, after packing Sophie off to work, we made a start on decorating the living room. We began by painting the coving and then moved onto the tricky business of applying emulsion to the ceiling, which I hate doing.

Thankfully Keith did this while I moved around the room with him holding onto the paint tray so it wouldn't fall onto the floor...I am such a messy painter that it wouldn't have surprised me if I'd dropped it on the sofa!

In between doing this I dropped MIke off at Heather's house and came back to find that Keith had used up the white emulsion by rollering the purple wall. It now looked a bit psychedelic!


I made a start on using the grey paint (Dulux's Warm Pewter) on the wall and thought that we would need two coats as the purple underneath is quite dark.


I finished up by masking the skirting boards ready for glossing and then we called it a day. We taking our time with decorating this time as we can be a bit slapdash and when we painted the living room before we weren't that careful with the lines and getting them nice and sharp!

Keith was supposed to have gone to Wellingborough this afternoon to watch football, but yet again the match was postponed due to the wet weather. We had also planned on going to the pub but Sophie didn't finish work until 6.30pm so we had to make do with a glass of wine and beer at home!

No comments: