Wednesday 13 January 2016

All finished!

I spent the morning glossing the other sides of the living room doors and was mightily glad when I'd finished!

After I'd cleared away and had a shower Keith, Sophie and I went over to the Weston Favell centre again (that's three times too many this week!) as Sophie wanted to draw some money out of her savings. She's set her heart on going to Rome in the Spring with her friends Daisy and Laura and wanted to make sure she had some money in her current account to book it with them tomorrow.

We said a quick hello to Mum and Dad who were in BB's (I'm sure they're their best customers!) and then drove to Tapi Carpets at the St. James Retail Park to have a look at what they have available.

There was no way we could get away with keeping the carpet we have in the living room as it's worn in places and no amount of cleaning will make it look any better. It hasn't done bad for being 15 years old!

We had a look at all the carpets and eventually picked out a silvery grey colour (Sophie saw it first) and arranged to have it fitted on Saturday! We gave them our measurements but to be on the safe side we asked one of the men to come out to see us tomorrow to make sure we'd got it right.

From the carpet store we went next door to Homesense and I bought a new lamp as the one we have now certainly doesn't go. I have plans for the small DVD cabinet and lamp to go on the landing and just need Keith and Ian to fix me up a plug point there. Why one wasn't put there when the house was built is beyond me!

We also popped into BHS and I bought two new lampshades for the light fittings on the ceiling. I originally wanted two new posh light fittings but the shades will do for now as they're very modern.

It was then back home for lunch and time to tidy the place up a bit before we managed to sit and play cards and enjoy a drink in the conservatory!


No comments: