Thursday 14 January 2016

Brrrr!

We awoke to dark grey skies this morning but no snow. I was hoping to see a covering but all we had was rain and wind, and cold temperatures!

Sophie was meeting Daisy and Laura first thing this morning and on the way there we called in to see Mum who was having problems with her printer and needed my help. I just switched it on and it worked, churning out loads of paper from print instructions that had been stored on the machine! I have no idea what my parents do to the printer but it was certainly working fine when we left!

After dropping Sophie off at Daisy's house we drove to Aldi and bought a few bits of shopping to get us through to the weekend. From there we went to Jones's where we bought a few odd bits we needed and then I decided to get my filthy car washed. However we ran out of time as Sophie had to be picked up at 10.30am as she had a meeting at uni for her New York trip which is coming ever closer. My daughter is certainly deciding to travel this year, which is great for her. She had booked Rome with the girls and was looking forward to going shortly after her 20th birthday.

We dropped her off at uni, went to get the car washed (and very thorough it was too) and then returned home for an early lunch and a catch-up with internet stuff that I've neglected while I've been decorating!

In the evening I picked Sophie up from uni with Mike as we were off to a Sixth Form Open Evening at his school. We were a bit early so we called in to see Mum and Dad again who were delighted to see us. It's very handy with them renting in Moulton at the moment!

We did the Open Evening a bit back to front as we went off to the Sixth Form building first, rather than go into the main school hall for a talk. It was a good thing, really, as it meant that we were able to talk to the teachers as a lot of people were sitting listening to the talk! Mike wants to do English Language, English Literature and Sociology at A-level so that pleased me a lot. I did English Literature at A-level and didn't do very well, so I hope he does better than me!

No comments: