Friday 11 September 2015

Rushing about!

Sophie had an appointment with the doctor this morning and I urged her to ask about a meningitis jab that's available to all students starting university this year. Suddenly mixing with lots of people from different backgrounds puts the youngsters at a higher risk of contracting the disease so I was glad that she booked the injection for next Friday before she starts. This month is flying by!

When we got home my daughter rushed to get ready as she was going to a barbecue at Brixworth country park where all her old school mates were meeting. Her friend Daisy collected her so Keith and I were able to get out for another walk. It was a beautiful day again with blue skies, lots of fluffy white clouds and sunshine. We reversed the walk we did the other day and went into the nature reserve hoping to see some wildlife.

We didn't have any luck today though, but we were out for almost two hours and it felt great to get some exercise and fresh air. I certainly felt a lot better when I arrived home!

Mike went to Brixworth in the afternoon and I arranged to pick both him and Sophie up at 7pm. At the moment we've been using Keith's little Honda a lot so at least my car has had a bit of a rest this week! I picked both of them up then sped home to finish off the fish pie we were having for dinner. By the time I'd collected Keith from the pub and served up dinner I was more than ready for my glass of wine!

No comments: