Friday 25 September 2015

Fooling around

Sophie wasn't at uni today so she came shopping with us and we turned a weekly chore into a real laugh (probably at Keith's expense!).

My daughter treated me to a coffee first while Keith went to get all the regular things that we buy every week. He is a little obsessive about how he packs the trolley and forbade us from putting anything in it without telling him. We managed to sneak a tub of "All Day Breakfast" sandwich filling in while he was choosing a gammon joint which didn't go down too well. It was one of those situations where you had to have been there to fully appreciate the joke, but a man nearby couldn't help smiling when we dissolved into a fit of giggles!

We carried on gently teasing him all the way around but we were pretty restrained and didn't get carried away with filling the trolley with treats. Even the checkout girl teased him when it came to packing all the food away in bags at the end of the trip...Keith has a harem of ladies in Tesco who he sees on a regular basis and they know how he is!

Back home I took the plunge and contacted Vodafone about my mobile which is misbehaving badly. I wanted to go onto a "pay as you go" contract but the helpful man I spoke to advised me to stay with my monthly contract and he managed to get me a new phone for less money every month with two months free. I was very pleased!

I did some paperwork in the afternoon and walked up to the post box to send two letters. Monty came with me and it was great to have him accompanying me the short distance. When I got back I planted up my pansies in the garden and the little robin hovered nearby, hoping to find some worms in the soil I was digging up. He was right on a branch behind me and was singing a lovely little tune and when he saw Monty with me he eyed him up very carefully. Our little robin is one clever bird!

It's been a gorgeous day today and the weather is set to be sunny and dry for the next few days. Lovely!

No comments: