Monday 28 September 2015

New routines...

Today was the start of a new routine for us all. We had to leave home a bit earlier than normal to take Mike to school and then carry on through the village to the university as Sophie starts at 9am on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

I was dreading the traffic but it was actually a very good run so I think leaving just that little bit earlier certainly helped. It was also good that the sun was shining out of a clear blue sky so I may think a little differently when it's dark, pouring with rain and blowing a gale! We won't think about that just yet!

On the way home I dropped Keith off at Pitsford so he could do a walk. I went home to have a shower before leaving almost two hours later to pick him up. After he'd showered we popped to Tesco and then I tackled my dirty car. Whilst cleaning it I chatted to Sue who was walking the dogs. I do enjoy pottering about and at the moment I certainly don't want to have to look for a job. Long may it continue!

My new phone arrived today but I had a little bit of trouble setting it all up. My old sim card wouldn't fit and I couldn't connect to the Vodafone network so I was a little worried. I asked to keep my number which I've had for years so I'm just hoping that I can get it sorted out soon.

It was back to uni to collect Sophie at 4pm and she'd had a good day. She's getting used to it now and has made some new friends which is great. I feel very relieved!

Dinner tonight was Pasta Carbonara, something I've never made before. It had to be cooked just before eating so I prepared everything before I went to pick Keith up from the pub and did it all when I got home. It was a success even though Sophie has asked me not to put leeks in next time I make it...!


No comments: