Monday 7 September 2015

Adjusting...

Today was the first day that I really felt like I was not on holiday from work, as I had for the last two weeks.

Keith took Mike to school and then went for a walk before returning home. As Sophie wasn't working today we had breakfast of toast together before I embarked on housework. Is this going to be my life from now on? Endless housework?!!

It was a beautiful morning so the blue skies and sunshine lifted my spirits but I still felt very strange not being at work! Over lunchtime Sophie and I sat and watched A Place in the Sun: Winter Sun about a very lucky couple buying a holiday home on the Caribbean island of St Vincent. They were very picky about what they wanted and I think the lovely Jasmine Harman became a bit irritated with them!

In the afternoon we made a trek over to Tesco to buy things for dinner...how I contained my excitement I'll never know! The weather later in the day turned cool and cloudy so not the sort of afternoon to sit out in the sunshine. I feel like we haven't had a summer this year!

I met Mike on his way back from the bus as I went to post a letter and he hadn't enjoyed his first day back at school, bless him! Just one more year and then he'll either be going into sixth form or starting at college. How time flies!

No comments: