Saturday 5 September 2015

A day of rest...

Well, I didn't do an awful lot today and I enjoyed every minute!

The weather hasn't been great (no surprise there then!) so it was bliss to just mooch about, have a very relaxed start to the day, read the papers and then do some research on Keith's family tree. I didn't have a lot to go on but his brother had printed out a tree that I used as a guide although he hadn't put on places where people were born.

It turns out Keith's father's side of the family comes from Lancashire and we managed to confirm that the oldest ancestor we had was born in 1795. It was very absorbing and certainly gave me something to think about!

If I don't find a job over the winter I will definitely need something to keep me occupied and I might have found a solution with Keith's mother who had been adopted as a baby. I've sent for her birth certificate to see if that provides any clues so I'm hoping to have something to get my teeth into over the next few months!

No comments: