Thursday 24 September 2015

Birthday celebrations

It's Keith's birthday today but he had a blood test first thing this morning, which wasn't the best of ideas! He took Mike to school while I gave the downstairs of the house a quick hoover. I felt a bit better today, thank goodness, so after I'd finishing tidying up I took Sophie to university and then returned home where we got ready to go out for lunch.

We went to The Malt Shovel in the middle of Northampton as Keith is a huge fan of the beers there. We parked in the large multi-storey which is right next to some of the uni's halls of residence. They looked very smart for student accommodation!

The pub was pretty quiet although a large group of people did come in just after we'd sat down and they seemed to be on some sort of walking tour of the town. We ordered baguettes for lunch which were delicious and Keith drank an ale called Bishop's Farewell. It was lovely to sit and chat and I think we may have to make this a regular thing!

Once back at home I awaited a call from Sophie but at 3.30pm I left anyway. She was doing a presentation today with a group of people on her course and I'd been texting her all afternoon to see how she was getting on. My phone is playing up badly at the moment and the series of texts that I'd tried to send all became jumbled up so when she came out of uni and saw that I'd texted her that I was in the car park, and then that we were at home, it really confused her! Time for a new phone I think! We called into the petrol station on the way home and I treated her to a toasted sandwich and some wine. After her stressful day she needed it!

In the evening Keith and I went to the pub for an hour and sat at the bar as our usual window seats were occupied. Keith wanted fish and chips for dinner so after our drink Sophie and I went to collect them from Broughton while he set the table. It was Sophie's treat and they went down very well!

No comments: