Tuesday 29 September 2015

Back and forth...

On Tuesday Sophie has a gap of four hours between two lectures. Her first is at 9am and the second is at 2pm so rather than let her stay on her own for that time, we dropped her off and drove over to the Weston Favell Centre.

Being there early is definitely the time to go as most of the shops weren't even open! We had a coffee in BB's and then popped into Wilko's as I wanted to look at curtain poles and paint. We're hoping that in the next couple of weeks she'll feel confident to spend the time either in the library or with her new friends as I don't fancy killing time like we did today!

After collecting her at 10am we went home and Keith and I cleaned all the downstairs windows, including the conservatory. Again, it was a glorious Autumn day and really warm in the sun. The panes looked so much better after we'd cleaned them and although it's a job I loathe I felt a lot better when we'd finished.

At 1.30pm it was back in the car and off to uni again and we managed to find a space in the very crowded car park. Rather than drive home for such a short period of time we stayed until she'd finished and we both marvelled at how busy the campus is, with a constant toing and froing of students and lecturers.

Back home I finally sorted out my new phone and realised I had to activate the sim...by the evening it was all up and running and Keith has inherited my old phone. He couldn't wait to get his mitts on it!

No comments: