Friday 18 September 2015

Getting the needle!

After dropping Mike off at work this morning Keith and I walked up to Mum's house to feed the fish. It was a damp morning and Keith swore he could smell seaweed as we walked down our drive! It must have been all the wet vegetation though, as we are nowhere near the sea! We had a good walk up and back and it was great to get out and have some exercise.

At lunchtime, I took Sophie to the doctor's to get her meningitis jab. The nurse said she might feel a bit poorly over the next day or two but apart from a bruise where the needle was inserted she was fine. I'm just so glad she's had the injection now and is ready for her start at university!

In the evening my lovely daughter did my hair and make-up as I was going out to see my friends Lynda, Fiona and Andrea. I was looking forward to seeing Fiona in particular as she'd been made redundant from her job in the summer, after working at Levi's for almost 30 years. I was keen to see how she was getting on being a "lady of leisure"!

Lynda very kindly offered to drive tonight which was an unexpected bonus as it meant Keith didn't have to try and juggle cooking dinner with taxi duties. We were off to Andrea's house for a meal to catch up and sort out dates for the forthcoming "Come Dine With Me" events...another year of getting dressed up in weird and wacky outfits!

We had a lovely evening and Andrea prepared a delicious meal of breaded mushrooms to start followed by a very spicy chilli and rice to follow, finishing off with raspberry roulade for dessert. We all had a good natter and three of us already have themes for our CDWM evenings. Lynda is doing a 60s theme, Andrea is having a Bollywood night and I'm going back to the austerity of the 1940s! Fiona hasn't made her mind up yet so we decided she could host the last meal of the event, just before Christmas...arggh!

We left at around midnight and I was delighted to find both my children still up to greet me when I arrived home. Sophie made me a mug of camomile tea and then it was off to bed as by now it was way past my bedtime!

No comments: