Wednesday 23 September 2015

Feeling rough...

I haven't really felt 100% since Monday when I woke up with a tummy ache that hasn't gone away at all. Today I felt horrible so after dropping Sophie off at uni and popping into Waitrose for veg for dinner tonight, we went home and I just sat and watched television.

I felt awful because the house needed hoovering and I hated just sitting and doing nothing, but maybe it was the best thing to do. I caught up with Sunday's new episode of Downton Abbey and when the phone rang at just after 3pm I went to collect Sophie from uni and called into work to pick up some post.

I had a good chat with Maureen but was a bit sad to see some changes happening, such as the repainting of the party room walls. Maureen was clearing out one of the stock rooms as the freezers were being moved into the space and I spotted a hamburger press that my dad had ordered years ago. It made me feel very nostalgic. I think going into the building is the worst thing that I can do as it really brings it home to me that the business isn't ours any more. Maybe in future I'll just send Sophie in to get the post!

From work we went to get Keith cards as it's his birthday tomorrow. Sophie also bought some make-up in Boots and then it was home to have a soak in the bath and try and get rid of this blasted tummy ache that's driving me mad!

No comments: