Monday 14 September 2015

Getting on with it!

Once we'd dropped Mike off at school Keith and I went into work to see Georgie about the heaters which were playing up. Every year, when they kick in as the temperatures drop, they set off the fire alarms so Georgie had turned them off completely and now one of them wouldn't work.

Ever since we've had them installed it's always been a bit hit and miss with getting them going and today was no exception! In the end Keith had to get up onto the ladder and press one of the buttons inside the heater and luckily this had the desired effect! We briefly saw Paula and Polly who'd come in for a staff meeting and then it was home to put off something that we'd been avoiding for weeks...replacing the sealant in our en-suite bathroom!

Keith set to work while I gave our bedroom a thorough clean...and did it need it! I took our curtains down, noticed that they were dry clean only and I was tempted to put them in the washing machine anyway, but in the end I just sponged them down and hung them up to dry. I didn't want to risk damaging them!

We spent most of the day cleaning and it felt great to see everything all nice and shiny again. I'm intending to spend the rest of the week giving the upstairs of the house a deep clean as it's long overdue!

Sophie had an appointment to have her nails done in the afternoon so I took her and sat outside in the car reading until she'd finished. The weather turned very stormy and I heard thunder in the distance while the rain lashed down. Later I discovered that there'd been a tornado in the town at around lunchtime!


No comments: