Friday 1 May 2015

Out and about...

I think I've been out of work longer than in work today as I had an appointment with a chiropodist first thing this morning and then Keith, Sophie and I went to the bank and Booker in the early afternoon.

The chiropodist I normally see exclaimed at how long it had been since I'd seen her, and I was in dire need of her services. She worked her magic and when Sophie and I got back to work we were surprised to find the car park almost full and Keith manning Reception, looked a bit harassed!

We helped out over lunchtime and then things calmed down a bit so we went off to get some shopping at Booker and called into McDonald's for lunch as we had various free vouchers for drinks and ice-cream.

Sophie and I managed to slip off at about 3pm and I washed my car which was covered in the usual array of cat foot prints and bird poo. Mike asked me to take him to Brixworth and I made a fish pie for dinner which was a bit tricky as I had to fetch Mike back, then go and pick Keith up, whilst trying to cook dinner and do a starter, that Keith had suggested, of prawn cocktail for us and garlic bread for the children. It was heaven to sit and finally relax with a glass of wine!

No comments: