Monday 25 May 2015

Last day of freedom...

I was hoping for sunny weather today but I was disappointed. Although it stayed dry all day, we had a thick layer of cloud covering the sun and a chill little wind that put a stop to sitting out in the garden with a glass of wine!

I woke up feeling OK after our late night - I made sure I didn't have too much to drink last night as I wanted to try and get lots done today. My last day of freedom before going back to work tomorrow... Having said that, Keith and I did go in as I had to do the Booker order and Mum and Dad were also in doing the cleaning.

When we returned home I washed my car inside and out and put a load of washing on, including the tea-towels and aprons from work. My little robin was about, but I didn't spend as much time in the garden as I wanted and kept putting off going into the gravel garden until the afternoon. I lopped some of the branches off a large bush by the conservatory doors, but felt overwhelmed by what needs doing in this part of the garden so I said to Keith we'll set aside a whole day to do it properly.

After taking Keith to the pub in the evening I was totally surprised when I saw Tom from next door and he told me that he and Emma had got married the day before! We'd had no inkling at all that they were going to wed so it was a huge surprise!

After dinner Sophie and I watched a film called "Country Strong" on Netflix. We both love the theme song - Me and Tennessee - but we had to watch the entire film to hear it as it came on during the end credits! Typical!

No comments: