Wednesday 13 May 2015

Unlucky for some...

I was hoping that today would be a much better day and indeed, it started out that way first thing. The weather was beautiful, dry and sunny so Keith went out and cut the grass in the car park while I helped him by picking up litter and sweeping up the grass in our little garden area. It was lovely to feel the sun on our faces and see our little work robin flitting about among the trees and bushes.

After lunch we went to the bank and Tesco and then Sophie wanted us to go to Homesense to have a mooch about. We took Keith's car as he needed to get some petrol and when we parked at the retail park he did comment on how tight the spaces were.

We didn't really see anything we liked in Homesense and Keith started to feel a little dizzy and went to sit outside while Sophie and I carried on looking at the garden stuff. When we came out he asked me to drive and as I was putting my handbag in the boot, a woman, standing by her car which was parked next to us, said we'd "dinged her car" when we arrived.

At first I thought she was joking as Keith certainly hadn't said anything to me about hitting her car but she was insistent, even pointing out a tiny (and I mean tiny!) scratch on the driver's door of the Honda. Keith got into the passenger seat and released the handbrake so the car gently rolled forward, allowing me to get in. The woman was by now busy taking photos of the Honda's registration number and the minuscule scratch on the door and was also threatening to call the police. What she expected them to do was a mystery!

I drove off but it left us all feeling horrible and a bit stressed out. I certainly hate public confrontations but what if the three of us were nasty people and Keith decided to bop her one?! You never know who you're dealing with these days and I would never have the gall to confront someone about damage, however small. I remember a woman losing control of her trolley and it hit my little Audi A1 but even though she'd known what she'd done and was still packing her groceries into the car I didn't say anything to her about the damage.

We got back to work but Keith didn't feel any better and I didn't want him to drive home on his own. Minutes after arriving Mike called to say he'd missed his bus and could I go and pick him up from school? I drove off (swearing) and collected him and then we all went home in my car leaving the little Honda in our car park for the night.

Back home Sophie and I noticed that Archie was limping badly so we had a look at his foot to see if we could find the problem. He wasn't happy about us feeling around his little leathery pads and did a fair bit of growling at us! We couldn't feel a thorn or a sharp stone so I said we'd let him be and if it didn't get better we'd have to make a trip to the vets.

Keith and I decided to go to the pub later, just the two of us, for a relaxing drink. We sat in the window and watched the cars race by and having a good chat about the events of the day. I just hope tomorrow is a quieter day!

No comments: