Sunday 17 May 2015

A spot of gardening

The driving about continued today as we had to take Sophie to work and then pop to Booker to get a few bits for work. We also went to the local tip to take the old table we used last week and went to see Mum for a coffee on the way home.

I didn't have long between getting home and going to collect my Mum as we were going to Beckworth for a cup of tea. Sophie had to come with us as well as she finished work at 3pm and there was no way I was going to take her home and then go out again. She wasn't very happy coming with us in her work clothes and we had a bit of an argument about it, but in the end she reluctantly agreed to it, even though I could see nothing wrong with her appearance!

I bought some bedding plants, a liner for a hanging basket and some treats for the children and when I got home I spent two hours putting them all in. I also bought a packet of sunflower seeds and we've all chosen a pot - whoever grows the highest sunflower will win a little prize! I've put them all along the garage wall which is the sunniest spot, plus I've planted other seeds and put them in different places in the garden. It will be great to see their cheery flowers in a couple of months!


No comments: